Wednesday, November 05, 2008

First Thoughts

So at about midnight last night I asked for a group of our most ardent supporters to meet up in one of the rooms of the suite at the Hilton (one that did not overlook Obamarama) in an effort to put closure to the campaign and YP's for McCain. Here is a recap of my remarks:

I wanted to quickly get everyone together tonight just to thank you all for everything that everyone in this room has done. Every person in this room tonight worked hard and busted their butts to help John McCain, Tony Peraica and our Republican candidates. We went to Ohio, to Missouri, and to Wisconsin, and we made thousands of calls into houses in both of those states to help John McCain. So thank you again, it was great meeting so many of you over the past 9 months and I wouldnt trade this experience for anything in the world- well, maybe except for a win.

You know, someone earlier tonight told me that he's moving to Canada. That's garbage, we do not ever quit, we get right back up and we try again. We work harder, we get smarter and we get it done. And I know I speak for everyone in this room when I say we have only begun to fight. Two years from now we will have a competitive senate and gubernatorial race, not to mention several congressional races that we can impact and win for our side. I'm not giving up and I know no one else in this room will give up.

So with that I have two toasts I want to make tonight. First, to John McCain- one of the bravest men this country has ever produced, a genuine hero, a great statesman, a great man, and someone who dearly loves his country. I only wish tonight would have been better for him and for us- to John McCain...

My second toast is to President-Elect Obama- may God grant him the wisdom he needs to be the best president that we need him to be- to Barack Obama...

Thank you all so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home