Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spoilin for a Fight

As I listen to AC/DC's Black Ice for about the 3000th time this week I wanted to follow up on a conversation with MM last night involving the greatest albums of all time.

This came up because the bar we were in- that shall remain nameless- played some Michael Jackson and I remarked that Thriller is one of the 5 best albums of all time. When asked to name the rest of top 5 I came up with Who's Next (The Who) Pet Sounds (Beach Boys) Back in Black (AC/DC) and then MM added some Billy Joel crap to round it out.

So I ask my loyal reader(s) what have I missed? What are your top 5 albums of all time?

3 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes.You missed recognizing that Billy Joel isn't crap.

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am by no means a loyal reader but I must take a stand to defend Billy. Even though his recent antics during the election have put him high on my shit list. The Stranger album features the songs Movin Out, The Stranger, Just the Way you are, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, Vienna, Only the Good Die Young, and Shes always a woman. Just because you may not enjoy some of these TR, does not mean that the songs are not classics. Also, I was under the impression that it was an opinion question; can an opinion really be wrong? Well, if you ask TR, it can be. I have taken alot of abuse for it, but I stand by my decision to include Billy Joel's The Stranger as one ov MY top 5 albums. ~MTM

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Music is so such an individual thing, it's tough to ever say what's really the "best." But you can't go wrong with these choices:

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
Elvis Costello and the Attractions - This Year's Model
Marah - Kids In Philly
The Black Crowes - Amorica
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
The Clash - London Calling
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home