Monday, December 01, 2008

OH! Sweet England how we love ya!

Very excited at the news of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers "hosting" the Patriots in London at Wembley next year.
From a 2009 season perspective, this might not be the most strategic decision, but this is going to be great exposure for the Bucs, a great experience for the players, and with the Bucs playing Tom Brady and the Pats this will be a big game.

The only thing I wished would have happened instead is that the game would have been played in Manchester at Old Trafford- home of Manchester United, which is ownded by Glazer family who also owns the Bucs.


With that and with the NHL email I figured now was a good time to list the 20 Premiership teams in the order of hate to love. Lets roll!

20. Sunderland: Fuck Sunderland, Fuck Roy Keane, Fuck their fans, Fuck the Stadium of Light

19. Tottenham: During my first season of being a Newcastle supporter Sunderland was not in the EPL, so the team I chose to hate was Totty. I still hate them. GFY, Spurs fans!

18. Liverpool: Sure, I'll pull for them in the CL, but I hate the Scouse

17. Stoke: I just don't respect them

16. West Ham: Cheaters, and they have Craig Bellamy

15. Man City: Ooooh, you are owned by Sheiks who like to spend money. Might as well just call yourself the "Parisian Whores"

14. Bolton: This team does not belong in the EPL.

13. West Brom: Sure, West Brom has done nothing to me, but they are going to be down again next season- why even bother caring

12: Wigan: See above, but they'll be back next year.

11. ManU: Could be higher, could be lower. The bottom line is I respect them but I do not like them

10. Middlesborough: Sure I guess they are a NUFC rival, but Garreth Southgate's uncanny resemblance to Joel Osteen makes me wish they succeed so I can make cracks that only I get every weekend

9. Chelsea: Had I gotten into the EPL 2 years earlier Chelsea would have been my team. Higher now that Jose is gone

8. Portsmouth: Pompey could be higher after I read Bloody Confused, but for now, this is about right

7. Blackburn: I want them to stay up, just not at the expense of the Magpies: Come on You Rovers!

6. Everton: Should have have picked teams again, Everton would have made the final 4.
Yes, they are Scousers, but they are not Scousers.

5. Hull: It's just a great story, hope they can continue to be competitive going into the cruelest month

4. Fulham: The Americans, the cottage, Dodi, "Trendy Fulham" Yes, they are up there

3. Aston Villa: Ok, had I done this thing over again, Villa might have won- American owners, just abover mediocre tradition, I like Villa.

2, Arsenal: The Gooners are my Big 4 team, certainly helps that BG is a big fan and drags my ass to the Globe to see Arse play once a month. I also have a shirt.

1. Newcastle: What, like I'd change after 2 subpar seasons? I'm a Cubs fan! I was a fan of the Tampa Bay Bucs for 8 10+ loss seasons. I do not jump ship. COME ON NEWCASTLE!

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you do any work today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home